Tin Hau Temple in Cha Kwo Ling

Tin Hau Temple in Cha Kwo Ling

Legend has it that Tin Hau, the daughter of a fisherman in China's Fujian Province, had visions that enabled her to predict storms. People, especially fishermen, regard her as the Queen of Heaven and Goddess of the Sea because she saved people from drowning. Hong Kong was once a fishing village and so there are over 50 Tin Hau Temples in the territory. The one located in Cha Kwo Ling Village was built in Qing Dynasty. The temple was then moved to Cha Kwo Ling Road in 1941, and it was under maintenance and repair in 1947. Local residents are still very respectful to Tin Hau nowadays. When you pay a visit to the Tin Hau Temple, don’t miss the two very special painted walls: Green Dragon on the left and White Tiger on the right.

Opening hours: 8:00am-5:00pm.

Transportation

Kwun Tong MTR station exit A1, and take mini bus route no. 23B at Yan Oi Court; or take a mini bus or taxi from Yau Tong MTR station.

Map

Best view in IE9.0 or above, latest version of Firefox or Chrome browser.